Tuesday 25 January 2011

25th January 2011 - Page Layout

I finished my page layout to make it look neat and contain everything I am going to do for my website.  
I am going to include a banner at the top of the page with the school name, logo and slogan.  I will design all of this in Photoshop with the appropriate font for a school website.  I will have three columns - as I found that this is what school websites conventionally use.  In the middle column I will use moving images to show the school and links and information on either side of this.  I will also include a search bar and a newsletter where parents can enter their email address to retrieve this.  A Headteacher's welcome is present on every school website I researched describing why it is the right school for your child, so I will include this.   
My media page will be consistent to the homepage keeping the banner present, however there will be images and a video on the right hand side and information on the left.  My colour theme will be fairly basic and not too colourful as parents may be 'put off' if the website looks too childish.

No comments:

Post a Comment